It’s May 2018.
The yearly Reel Infatuation Blogathon is just a few weeks away.
You have a character crush, or ten (we don’t judge, after all you’re only human), but don’t consider yourself a writer. Or, that kind of writer. Maybe it’s a matter of time, or timing. Perhaps you’re already doing an entry, but are burning to share a few more crushes with readers.
What a predicament!
Fortunately for you, there is another option.
Mary is back to tell you how to participate in this year’s blogathon without writing a post!
“Do you lack a blog, time, skill, or confidence? Don’t let one or more of those pesky facts get in the way of joining your best friends and most able acquaintances in this year’s Reel Infatuation Blogathon! All you need at your disposal is at least one #charactercrush, and a few spare minutes. No foolin’…”
It’s as easy as it sounds.
In the weeks leading up to the start of the blogathon, we’ll be sharing a selection of non-participating readers’ #charactercrushes on here and on our official Twitter and Facebook accounts.
How does it work?
We need 3 things:
- Character name/origin/actor (i.e. Han Solo/Star Wars: Episode IV-A New Hope/Harrison Ford)
- 1-3 sentences describing your crush
- Your name (first/first and last/user name/anonymous/whatever floats your boat)
You can submit this info in a few ways:
- By commenting directly on this post or the reblogged versions on A Small Press Life, Reel Infatuation, or Silver Screenings (check for those reblogs soon)
- By e-mailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org (perfect for those who wish to remain anonymous)
- By tweeting @reelinfatuation on Twitter (suggested hashtags: #2018reelinfatuationblogathon/#reelinfatuation/#charactercrush)
If you’re not writing a blog post, we sincerely hope you’ll consider spilling your juiciest crushes using this alternative platform. Why? Remember:
Fictional characters. Sometimes you like them, sometimes you loathe them, and sometimes you’re half in love with them. Want to get to know someone in a hurry? Swap character crush stories; it’s the ultimate icebreaker!